Butterfly Pals - Visitors to My Garden

One of the many joys in the garden is the profusion of winged creatures such as butterflies. These garden fliers are so fun to look at, it's easy to forget they are working hard for the garden, transferring pollen from one plant to another, fertilizing apace.

And because of the food source in my backyard, these butterflies won't leave, and they are quite entertaining. These beautiful butterflies - Junonia (from the family of Nymphalidae) are year-round residents. They are very common and widespread and are highly sensitive to movement. I see many of them daily, flitting happily among grasses and wildflowers.

But then butterflies, just like other wildlife creatures, do not like being photographed and taking great photos of these airborne insects isn't quite so easy. My neighbours think I am a little crazy as I chase these butterflies around! 








0 comments: